Bradley S. McCann
Bradley S. McCann joined Spesia & Taylor in 2012 as an associate. He is a Certified Public Accountant, as well as an attorney. After graduating with a Bachelor of Science in Accountancy, Mr. McCann worked in the tax and audit practice area of a large accounting firm in their Joliet office, obtaining invaluable experience.
Prior to joining Spesia & Taylor, Mr. McCann practiced for fifteen years with a Chicago law firm; five years as an associate and nine years as an equity partner. Mr. McCann represents many family and closely held businesses in a wide range of activities, including finances, acquisitions and operations. His expertise includes extensive experience in structuring and implementing complex estate plans and tax strategies; structuring start-up enterprises; structuring and preparing agreements in connection with all aspects of business, tax and estate plans; probate and trust administration; and general corporate, business and real estate matters.
- Preparation and advisement regarding complex estate planning vehicles including: grantor retained annuity trusts, private foundations, self-canceling installment notes, charitable remainder and lead trusts, family limited partnerships, defective grantor trusts, irrevocable trusts, and revocable trusts
- Preparation and advisement regarding simpler estate planning vehicles, including: wills, health care powers of attorney, and property powers of attorney
- Representation of taxpayers in audits conducted by the Internal Revenue Service and the Illinois Department of Revenue with regard to estate, gift, income, business, sales and watercraft taxes
- Taxation and estate planning for family and closely held businesses
- Representation of plenary guardians for disabled person’s estate and person, for estate of minor, and administrators and executors in probate proceedings
- Representation of trustees, administrators and executors in the administration of trusts and estates
- Formation and representation of family private foundations
- Formation and advisement regarding business entities: corporations, S corporations, general partnerships, limited partnerships, limited liability companies, sole proprietorships
- Preparation of tax returns
- Representing and advisement of businesses in establishing shareholder and operating agreements, buy-sell agreements